Multiple SMSCs and multiple binds

Smpp v3.4 client

Moderator: alt

mrudula

Multiple SMSCs and multiple binds

Post by mrudula » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:39 am

Hello All!

I am also using the ALT library and after lot of struggle was able to send messages through it.
But i want to connect to several smscs with multiple binds.
I connect one smsc , bind it, send message and disconnect it. This whole process goes in loop for all smscs.
But as i disconnect after sending messages, i am not able to receive message ids and DLR stuff. So, my smscs suggest not to disconnect and keept the connection always open.
My problem is if i keep all smscs open at all times, how can i decide to send a particular mesage through which smsc. I mean to say how can we decide that the message be routed to a particular smsc. If only one smsc is connected, there are no issues, the message will go through only that one but if multiple are connected, from which smsc the message will be delivered?
Also, if we want to send message through a particualr smsc, how can we do that?

PLease help. Its needed urgently.

Thanks in advance!
smartitude

Re: Multiple SMSCs and multiple binds

Post by smartitude » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi Alt,

We are using your library files and are facing the same issue.

We are connecting a SMSc, bind it, send message through it and disconnect it, and am unable to receive message id for all messages.

We have spoken with operators and they say that many a times we wont receive message ID instantly and have to wait, and hence wants us to keep the connection always open, however we are using multiple gateways and if we keep all smscs always open, how are we to decide which message should me routed through which SMS.

Your kind help would be highly appeciated.

Thanks in advance
mrudula

Re: Multiple SMSCs and multiple binds

Post by mrudula » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:31 am

I got a solution to this problem. I have made separate application for all smscs and in each application , i have a global variable (called as isbind). It is set to false, by default, and on successful binding it si set to true. Bind the gateway only when isbind is false. In that way, the gateway would alwayds reamin binded and no need of connecting it again.