No Receipt data with concatenated message

.NET library for SMPP protocol
ColinEveritt

No Receipt data with concatenated message

Post by ColinEveritt » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi. I was wondering if you could help me with a strange problem I’m having with the SMPP client.
When I send a single message (i.e. 160 characters or less), I receive a delivery receipt and the Receipt section of the DeliverSm data object is populated as it should be with the receipt data (MessageId etc.). However, when I send a message with more than one fragment (i.e. more than 160 characters) I get the correct number of delivery receipts back but every one does not have any data in the Receipt section. The receipt data is set as follows: -

Delivered: 0
DoneDate: #12:00:00 AM#
ErrorCode: Nothing
MessageId: Nothing
State: None{0}
SubmitDate: #12:00:00 AM#
Submitted: 0
Text: Nothing

I’ve run a Wireshark trace whilst testing and we’re definitely getting back Deliver_sm messages, with the Message data. The only difference that I can see between the single fragment message that works and the multi-fragment messages that don’t, is that the text field (last item in the Deliver_sm Message field) in all of the multi-fragment Deleiver_sm messages, is blank.

Can you let me know if there’s anything I’m doing wrong? Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards, Colin Everitt.
alt
Site Admin

Re: No Receipt data with concatenated message

Post by alt » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi Colin,

Could you send me log from SmppClientDemo, or Wireshark trace?

Regards,
Alexey
ColinEveritt

Re: No Receipt data with concatenated message

Post by ColinEveritt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Alexey.

Thanks again for all your help. I've run a few tests and just to let you know that v1.0.6.1 fixes this issue.

Kind regards,

Colin.