Need guidance to Do HLRLookup via inetlab

.NET library for SMPP protocol
eng.mohammad

Need guidance to Do HLRLookup via inetlab

Post by eng.mohammad » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:55 am

Hi Alexey,
Am requested to have HLRLookup in our Customized Inetlab system, any pointers in how to do it , much appreciated.
Thanx.
alt
Site Admin

Re: Need guidance to Do HLRLookup via inetlab

Post by alt » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi eng.mohammad,

I think you need to request this service description from SMPP provider. Bellow is one example.
Using SMPP account, it is possible to request HLR data (IMSI). In order to use HLR, you can use your default system_id and password, setting system_type = “HLR” (without quotation marks) in Bind PDU.
SubmitSM PDU is used for submitting the HLR request, having destAddress parameter set to the required destination address. All other parameters will be ignored (srcAddress, TON/NPI, etc). Our HLR subsystem will respond using a regular SubmitSMResp, containing message-id reference.
Once the HLR request is being finalized on our system, you will receive DeliverSM PDU, containing the IMSI for the required destAddress, or error code in case of failure. DeliverSM will contain short message data with our regular delivery report, together with “IMSI:XXXXXXXXX” part (containing IMSI), serving MSC and a number of optional info fields depending on your package.
eng.mohammad

Re: Need guidance to Do HLRLookup via inetlab

Post by eng.mohammad » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the heads up , i will try it and see i thought it needed some customized message packet to be sent to the SMSC.
Regards