Multiple Connectivity To Servers

owlboo98

Multiple Connectivity To Servers

Post by owlboo98 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:25 am

Hi,

Our vendor gave us two IPs for establishing the connectivity.
Is it possible to connect and bind to both of them on a single SMPP client?
hishhash2

Re: Multiple Connectivity To Servers

Post by hishhash2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:44 am

Hi, your vendor would have provided multiple IP address as one would be primary & the other secondary to be used in case you are not able to connect to the first one. Otherwise I assume it will not be logical to connect with one Client to multiple IP's.
alt
Site Admin

Post by alt » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Hi owlboo98,

For now SmppClient represents a connection with SMPP server.

Please explain is it primary and secondary IP or it should be connected as BIND_RECEIVER and BIND_TRANSMITTER?
owlboo98

Post by owlboo98 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:05 am

Hi alt,
As they shared, I can establish the connection to all of this IP over all types of binding (TRX, TX, RX).
Example:
Provided IP hosts: host_A, host_B, host_C ( TRX binding is supported on each host)
My IP host: srcHost_A

The answer is how can I connect to three hosts above on a single SMPP client application ? (not only TRX if they can open for us the other binding modes).

Please tell me the possibility due to many present vendors are opening for us this type of connectivity.
owlboo98

Post by owlboo98 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:33 am

hishhash2 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:44 am
Hi, your vendor would have provided multiple IP address as one would be primary & the other secondary to be used in case you are not able to connect to the first one. Otherwise I assume it will not be logical to connect with one Client to multiple IP's.
They told me that we could connect to any of these IPs and did not specific the primary.
hishhash2

Post by hishhash2 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:25 am

owlboo98 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:33 am
hishhash2 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:44 am
They told me that we could connect to any of these IPs and did not specific the primary.
You can connect to only one IP and treat it as primary. Then you can build a logic where if the first IP is not getting connected, you will try with the second IP. Something like a fail-over IP. Otherwise I donot see any need for you to connect to multiple IPs. If you really insist that you want to connect to both IP's, then create multiple SMPPClients and let each connect to the separate IP address's.