Client disconnects frequently after connection bind.

.NET library for SMPP protocol
mubarak

Client disconnects frequently after connection bind.

Post by mubarak » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Dear Alex,

One of my client, they are facing issue like, while they binding its properly binded and they can sms without having any issue. but after some time, they got disconnected.
So, I'm ask thier configuration of SMPP, they setup's with enquirelink -10 and reconnect delay - 60 and validity period - 4340.

And I thought that, this disconnection happens of enquirelink interval. so I suggest them to change below settings.

enquirelink - 60
reconnect-delay - 10
validity period - 4340.

can you please advise, i'm suggested things are correct or wrong. please figure it out.. and advise me...

waiting for your kind reply,

Regards,
Mubarak
alt
Site Admin

Re: Client disconnects frequently after connection bind.

Post by alt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Dear mubarak,

I would increase reconnect delay to 60 or 90 seconds. Sometimes because of network problems SMPP server doesn't know that client was disconnected until next enquiry link from server side.
mubarak

Post by mubarak » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:36 pm

Dear Alex,

So, you would recommend me, that reconnect-delay should be 60 and enquirer-link- 60..!!!

The thing is, our client they restart thier smpp once, all of thier connections are reconnect.. same our connection also reconnect properly. while they start submitting, our SMPP server reject as Invalid System ID for more than 3 to 4 times.

So, at that time, they restart our connection manually. its binding properly and they can send sms. Is there any issue from our side. if yes, how can rectify this issue.???

please advise.. Waiting for your kind reply.

Regards,
Mubarak
alt
Site Admin

Post by alt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Dear Mubarak,

I meant that client side reconnect delay should be more than enquiry link interval on server side.

As far as i understood smpp clients have successfully bound to your server and when they submit message your server returns SubmitSmResp with status ESME_RINVSYSID ?
mubarak

Post by mubarak » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:15 am

Dear Alex,

yes, you are right.!! they connect with us successfully, while they start submit server returns SubmitSmResp with status ESME_RINVSYSID.!!!!!

So, when they restart our connections manually, its binding and they can send sms.!!!

Can you please guide me on this..???
alt
Site Admin

Post by alt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Dear Mubarak,

Could you explain why your server code returns ESME_RINVSYSID in SubmitSmResp ?